Beck tribute album!


I remember hearing Beck's "One Foot in the Grave" album when I was 14 and my mind getting blown. I'd already discovered that Beck ran a lot deeper than the "Loser" buzz clip that had made him a slacker alterna-rock star by ordering "Stereopathetic Soul Manure" from a Flipside mail order catalog, but "One Foot in the Grave" was not the random home recording adventure of Stereopathetic, but a focused metaphysical folk album. It was something that I hadn't heard a modern singer do and I think it influenced my tastes for years to come.
The One Foot in the Grave Tribute album is awesome. Put together by Seattle photographer and house show booker, Joseph Peter, its got some of my absolute favorites: Christopher Francis, Cock and Swan, The Pica Beats, World History, Twig Palace, and Jordan O’ Jordan...and they are but a few of the star-studded treatment this album gets.

No comments: